Award-winning columnist Don Williams' columns are a regular feature at KnoxViews, East Tennessee's leading new media website for progressive news, opinion, and lively discussion.
Don Williams is a columnist, blogger, teacher, short story writer and the founding editor and publisher of New Millennium Writings, an annual anthology of stories, essays and poems.
His awards include a National Endowment for the Humanities Michigan Journalism Fellowship, a Golden Presscard Award and the Malcolm Law Journalism Prize. He is finishing a novel, "ORACLE OF THE ORCHID LOUNGE," set in his native Tennessee and Iraq.
Along with Greg Palast, Marjorie Cohn, Norman Solomon, Will Durst, James Secor and others, he is a contributing editor to Media With Conscience and his commentary frequently leads the page at www.opednews.com.
Feel free to sail these comments over the Internet to friends and favorite websites or jumpstart a conversation with YOUR comments to DonWilliams7@charter.net. Need a speaker for your group or to lead a writing workshop? Feel free to inquire.
Following are links to Don's latest columns at KnoxViews...
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 4:24pm
Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 5:28pm
Friday, June 18, 2010 - 10:57am
Sunday, May 9, 2010 - 10:29am
Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 7:43am
Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 1:25pm
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:03pm
Friday, December 4, 2009 - 10:59am
Friday, October 9, 2009 - 9:36am
Thursday, June 4, 2009 - 6:07am
Saturday, May 2, 2009 - 7:12am
Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 10:17am
Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:28pm
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:10pm
Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:51pm
Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:12am
Monday, February 2, 2009 - 3:52pm
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (25 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (4 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (10 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (1 day 21 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 2 hours from now)