Award-winning columnist Don Williams' columns are a regular feature at KnoxViews, East Tennessee's leading new media website for progressive news, opinion, and lively discussion.
Don Williams is a columnist, blogger, teacher, short story writer and the founding editor and publisher of New Millennium Writings, an annual anthology of stories, essays and poems.
His awards include a National Endowment for the Humanities Michigan Journalism Fellowship, a Golden Presscard Award and the Malcolm Law Journalism Prize. He is finishing a novel, "ORACLE OF THE ORCHID LOUNGE," set in his native Tennessee and Iraq.
Along with Greg Palast, Marjorie Cohn, Norman Solomon, Will Durst, James Secor and others, he is a contributing editor to Media With Conscience and his commentary frequently leads the page at www.opednews.com.
Feel free to sail these comments over the Internet to friends and favorite websites or jumpstart a conversation with YOUR comments to DonWilliams7@charter.net. Need a speaker for your group or to lead a writing workshop? Feel free to inquire.
Following are links to Don's latest columns at KnoxViews...
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 4:24pm
Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 5:28pm
Friday, June 18, 2010 - 10:57am
Sunday, May 9, 2010 - 10:29am
Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 7:43am
Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 1:25pm
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:03pm
Friday, December 4, 2009 - 10:59am
Friday, October 9, 2009 - 9:36am
Thursday, June 4, 2009 - 6:07am
Saturday, May 2, 2009 - 7:12am
Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 10:17am
Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:28pm
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:10pm
Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:51pm
Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:12am
Monday, February 2, 2009 - 3:52pm
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (15 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (7 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (5 hours 48 min ago)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 9 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 10 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 17 hours from now)