CNN is reporting that John Edwards has withdrawn from the presidential race. He has canceled all campaign events and is going to New Orleans to make a major policy speech.
It's a very sad thing. I'm glad I waited to vote, though. This makes it a lot easier.
UPDATE: Associated Press
Edwards planned to announce his campaign was ending with his wife and three children at his side. Then he planned to work with Habitat for Humanity at the volunteer-fueled rebuilding project Musicians' Village, the adviser said.
With that, Edwards' campaign will end the way it began 13 months ago — with the candidate pitching in to rebuild lives in a city still ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Edwards embraced New Orleans as a glaring symbol of what he described as a Washington that didn't hear the cries of the downtrodden.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)