Ashley Capps' internationally acclaimed Big Ears Festival kicks off one week from today. In an op-ed in todday's paper, Ashley says:
On over 100 occasions during the four days of March 23-26, the Big Ears Festival will defy expectations and limitations in downtown Knoxville.
Big Ears already has become one of the most anticipated annual cultural events in the world. With its unexpected home in Knoxville, it has changed the world’s perception of our city. Visitors are coming from all over — Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and beyond, from Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.
Big Ears also has influenced the way we see our city and community — its beauty, its character, its charm as well as our possibilities through working together of what we might become, what we might achieve.
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (32 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- New Urbanism Pessimism (4 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 16 hours from now)