If you're looking for parts for your old VW, or maybe a project, or would just like to visit an old VW graveyard for nostalgia, check out Foothill Imports on 411S in Greenback. It looks like they have one of everything VW related.
We stopped to take a few photos, and Mr. Gerald Miller, the owner, pulled up and stopped to chat. He said they have another location at 5028 Milsaps Dr. in Greenback, with even more VWs. His wife Juanita runs the parts business out of their home at that location.
They acquired the property on 411S about three years ago, and Mr. Miller says they are in the process of getting everything moved over there. He's thinking about a "VW Circus" theme, with old VWs arranged in rings.
He says they spend a lot of time out driving around looking for old VWs in people's yards and at used car lots as far away as Kentucky. He has two running bugs, and the "floor pan's in pretty good shape" on one of them.
More photos after the jump...
He also has another Bradley GT kit that someone never finished. A tree fell on it, though, and it will "need some fiberglass work." He said the hardest part to find is the windshield, which has to be ordered from the UK and costs about $1200.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (12 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (8 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)