As R. Neal points out, there are other important things at stake in today's election.
Same-sex marriage is on the ballot in Maine, Maryland, Washington, and one other state I forget.
Legalizing marijuana is on the ballot in three state (and again, sorry I can't remember which ones).
Michigan is voting whether to repeal the "emergency manager" law, which allows the Governor to declare an emergency in a local jurisdiction and send in a manager of his/her choise, who has the absolute right to overrule (and even fire) the elected officials of the jurisdiction.
Then are the House & Senate races. I'll be tracking the Senate races and try to report here as events unfold. We start with 53 Dems (counting Lieberman and Sanders) and 47 Republicans. Looking at the 67 who aren't up for relection this year, and the states where the race is a sure thing we have 44 Dems (including Sanders and Angus King in Maine, who is pretty much a lock) and 45 Republicans.
That means there are 11 races where the outcome is uncertain. Those are Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Masschusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota,Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. All of these look good for the Dems except Montana, North Dakota, Virginia, and Wisconsin, which are too close to call; and Nevada, which will probably go R.
So it looks like the Dems will hang on to control of the Senate unless the polls are completely out of whack.
More later, probably under its own thread.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)