RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)